www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Panfish?

Default Panfish?

Hello all,

I've enjoyed reading your posts.

I have fished the TFF and done okay for smallies and walleye, but next weekend I will have a buddy with his six-year-old along. He is hoping to catch panfish and I am lost. Anyone have ideas? We will be in the long island area.

Thanks!

I was up in late august and we were finding perch in the drowned trees along the shorlines in first bay. We also saw lots of bluegills in the drowned trees across from campsite G2..... six to eight foot of water. Hope this helps.
    Chris

Default Panfish?

Try vertical jigging the visible stumps. Try several areas around the stump to get under the roots. This yields mostly rock bass, but also on occasion perch, smallmouth and bluegill. There are a few I can think of in Twin Bay that will hold some fish next to Long Island.

I have been fishing TFF for over 20 years and I was wondering where Twin Bay is? I have never heard of the bay and was wondering where it is. Thanks for the info!
    chris

Default Panfish?

Twin Bay is the bay between Big island and Long Island.

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Flambeau Dreamer,

Where is the area you refer to as "first bay"?

I guess there are a lot of area on the TFF that go by different names.

Default Panfish?

First Bay is just north of twinbay. If you made a straight trip from Fisherman's landing toward Big Island you would run into Twin Bay.

I'm sorry I meant you would run into First Bay.

OK. Thanks.

Do you know where "Mag-Light Island" is? I am sure you don't as this is called that beteween my wife, Kathy, and myself. It is called that because Kathy found a mag-light on it about ten years ago. It is actually the island to the north of Grassy Island.

This is how things get named on the TFF.

That would be Dollar Island.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

No, Dollar Island is further north than the island I'm referring to.

It would help if all the islands were named. Constantly trying to tell people where you're going is difficult. I've got an island I named. "Flying Saucer Island". Anybody know where that is?

Okay, now I'm confused. Are we talking about the grassy island that is on the north side of the Big Water?
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

George:
    Nope! It's the island just to the east of Bastine/Turtle lake...... You'll go right by it when you enter the Bastine lake area.
    The "big water" (not horseshoe) I call the South Sea

Got it! South Sea eh? That's a new one for me.
    George

"Flying Saucer Island" .. is that what it is called ? If it is the small Island out from Lake Bastine ( not the one which is bigger and someone built a house on a few years ago ) , we used to call it 7 pine Island , next year it was 6 pine island , the next year 5 pine island and so on , till there none ! I remember once someone put a Pirate Flag on the Island and my brother and I ' captured it ' ... and also left that island with many , many Spider and ticks !!!! Also , a nice bar for Muskies runs off of it . From what I was told it used to called Comiskey Island ( or a area around there ) and a small game preserve (?) was there .. yes , same Comiskey as the Ball Park .

No, this island has 1 pine that forms the cockpit of the UFO. It's just east of Turtle lake, surrounded by deep water. Just east of that 45 foot hole.

Muskie Randy,

That island is commonly known as "Pine Island". There is a small gravel peak to its south that can become a hazard if water levels drop to about 3.5' below pool.