www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: End of October

Default End of October

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigtig.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	14654I have a crew coming up October 22 - 29. Sucker bite is usually on about that time. Updates on water temps, sucker availability & prices would be appreciated.
    Staying on Otter Lake, Eagle River Chain.
    Thanx in advance for your input.
    Ed Britt (Chicago)
    TIGHT LINES TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD FIGHT

PS
    disregard attachment below, Didn't post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eagle 2008001.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	14653  
    Last edited by xxlfish; 09-05-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: PICTURE DIDN'T POST

Too early to know for sure. Ten days ago I would have guessed that we'd be solidly into fall patterns by now but with unseasonably warm weather since last weekend it changed the game. Sucker availability is not good. Supplies are limited and bait shops are getting only a portion of what they order. I'm told that the wild suckers are just "not there" in the numbers they used to be (perhaps too many years of overharvest?) and the bait dealers who have the pond raised fish are going through the available supplies.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Thanx for your input, Pete. Thinking with the current weather pattern, suckers may nort be our best bet. Could you possably post the water temps on the E.R. Chain? Has there been any sign of Transition yet?

xxlfish:

I would submit that water temps are going to be in the 55*-60* area... Could be warmer in the afternoon and hopefully will be a little cooler in the a.m. These temps are based on other area lakes and the E.R. Chain could be a little different, but I am betting its pretty close. Turnover on the chain I am sure poses some issues on the deeper areas of it, but I would think in the shallower lakes or thorofares between could provide some action as well as the areas where those thorofares dump into the next lake...

Mark

Thanks for the temps Mark. Headed up this weekend for 4 great days of fishing on the TL side of things. My guest is not a Musky hunter, so walleye and pike will be the quarry. Seems with the weather, the temps are similar to what they were a week an a half ago. Since I found the walleye's in about 15 - 20, I'm guessing the same pattern should exist on Saturday after things settle from the change expected Thursday. At least I hope so.....

crystal:

A friend just bought a place 'tween E.R. & Sugar Camp and a I got to fish with him last Sunday... Lots of 'eyes in dark water fishing a break 10' - 20'. 64* in the late p.m.

Mark