www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Water Temps

Default Water Temps

Has anyone checked the water temps lately? looks like we will have some cooler evenings next week, that should help bring them down also.

Default Water Temps

I was on Kinkaid on Friday evening from 6:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Boat traffic was pretty quiet for Labor Day weekend. Maybe everyone hadn't arrived yet. Surface temps were still in the mid to upper 80's. Still too hot to fish for muskie. Most of the days last week were pushing 100 degrees. Evenings haven't started cooling off yet. Looks like a break in the heat is coming next week. Spent my time on Friday trolling/casting for walleye and bass. Highlight of the night was a 16.5 inch crappie over 2 pounds! Never did catch a walleye. I will be back out tomorrow evening if the thunderstorms hold off and the traffic isn't too crazy.

Jake

went out sunday, temp around 82-84. traffic bad, people out skiing at 630 am, by 10 am i thought i was lake of the ozarks. winds steady at 10 mph +. only saw 1 person muskie fishing. We boated 29 bass mostly short fish no smallies, we did have 5 nice legal fish with one pushing 6lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0547.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	14649  

Thanks for the report!

Water temp was 76.7 when I put on the lake at 4 pm yesterday, 76 by the time I left at around 8.

Where were you fishing and catching bass? I am new to the lake and could use some tips. Thanks

Sam

By the way, the surface temp ranged from 71.5 to 74 on 21 Sept 2011.

Main lake water temps were 69-71 as of 9/27. The rain over the weekend rose the water level by about 1/2 of a foot. Some areas of the lake were not showing a thermocline.