Lake Conditions: Surface Temps 73 degrees and falling with the cool weather of the past few days.
Algea Bloom: Present over most of the lake. Have never seen the bloom this bad in some parts of the lake. Water Clearity: 3-4 feet. If the water continues to cool the algea bloon should diminish. Otherwise the lake is problally the clearest I've ever seen. Lake bug hatch: Zero

Smb fishing has been good between the severe weather that we have had ALL summer. Bass can be caught in 4 to 12 feet of water on the rocks and the breaklines off the rocks. Occasionaly you can spot a school on top crusing the reefs and those can be caught on topwater baits. Best baits for me and my clients continue to be soft plastics in light jig heads. Tons of forage hanging around the reefs so lots of times we're fishing for the reaction strike. Fish are very healthy and look like their bellies are full of spawn..no shortage of food in this lake.

Have heard reports of deep water smb being caught by the walleye guides using slip bobbers w leaches/crawlers....not my prefered way to fish for them but to each his own.

Forcast: expect the smb bite to continue to improve as the water cools and clears up. Multiple fish doubles, triples are being taken on certian rocks if your timing is right.

Have a great labor day weekend.

Also want to welcome our radios show's guest who will be staying at McQuoids this week. This 10th annual event is sponsored by The Fishing and Outdoor Radio Show.

Remember....if you dont chase em, you wont catch em.