www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 51" caught on a Sennett Rough Rider

Thumbs up 51" caught on a Sennett Rough Runner

Here is a photo of the 51" that on of the kids I had one caught. The fish ate a orange crush Rough Runner. Waked it all the way to the boat hacking, slashing and popping at it all the way in, fish ate at boatside and all h3ll broke loose. Pealing drag, tail walking across the front of the boat, then under the boat and into the net! He did a great job hanging on for the ride. Here is photo. Thanks Ty for the bait!

Pete Brzezinski
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaiver 51 161.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	14466  
    Last edited by Pete Brzezinski; 08-22-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Pete Brzezinski
    Northland Muskie Adventures Guide Service
    (715) 574-1813

awesome fish! great job, sounds like a hell of a fight!!!

What lake?

I bet his heart was a pumpin'!!! Great story and congrats to the young man!!! Beautiful picture as well.

Mark

What a musky, what a story and what a picture, be sure to share it with the pubs like Musky Hunter, Midwest Outdoors, etc. That smile is priceless and needs to be shared. Congradulations, Dean

This is great!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMan View Post
    What lake?
    With those spots, I'm guessing a Minnesota fish.

Quote Originally Posted by revmike View Post
    With those spots, I'm guessing a Minnesota fish.
    And if it were a Minnesota fish, then it must have been caught in Lake X ! :-)

Pete is a guide on the St. Louis River up in Duluth. I was able to share some boat time with him a couple days ago. If you want to try something different give him a call. You should at some point in your life try it. It's not like anything you've ever fished before. The ships and history that go with them are pretty cool.

Thanks Pete,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Great looking fish, story and photo. He looks damn happy, I sure would be.

Quote Originally Posted by dfkiii View Post
    And if it were a Minnesota fish, then it must have been caught in Lake X ! :-)
    Kind of Minnesota, kind of Wisconsin....St. Louis runs between MN and WI. We have both leechers (picture above) Wisconsin strain and some big hybrids. The louder topwaters like the Rough Runner work wonders with the spotted fish.
    Pete Brzezinski
    (715) 574-1813

Nice fish! I have to laugh because I had a lot of action (a 33" and some strikes and follows) on a Rough Runner on one of the small lakes and have thrown it a ton in the river with only one strike so far. Just put my 3rd Pacemaker fish of the year in the net on saturday, so at least that one works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by jkahler View Post
    Nice fish! I have to laugh because I had a lot of action (a 33" and some strikes and follows) on a Rough Runner on one of the small lakes and have thrown it a ton in the river with only one strike so far. Just put my 3rd Pacemaker fish of the year in the net on saturday, so at least that one works for me!
    I have a few rough runners and have caught fish on all of them on the river. Most fish that I get on them are over 45" with handful over 50". Great bait in the wind and waves. I like it because I can run it fast to cover water or slow if I know where a giant is holed up. Another thing that I like is that most fish that eat it stay pinned and end up in the bottom of my net.
    Pete Brzezinski
    (715) 574-1813