www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report

Default Fishing Report

Sorry on the lack of reports. My computer is playing games. Walleye fishing success is pretty much limited to low light hours. Trolling cranks has been the best presentation to put a few fish in the boat. There is a bite targeting steep break lines and mid lake humps in Walker Bay. Leeches on live bait rigs or bottom bouncers with crawlers on spinner rigs has been a proven presentation.

Muskies have been pretty tough with small feeding windows. Paying attention to Solunar periods is a must. Any enviromental change, low light hours, approaching fronts, wind changes can are be influencal in fish movement. The weed bed in Walker Bay are for the most part destroyed by the rustles. Try steep break lines throwing large Bull Daws and cranks or spinner baits has been moving some fish. The rocks are also holding fish at peak times. Burning small buck tails is a good bet. Water is starting to cool with low to mid 70's the norm throughout the system.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

We did well middle of the day last Saturday (8/20) fishing deeper breaks as long as the wind stayed up. Easy to mark fish. Find the perch, then go a little deeper and you'll find the walleyes. Depths were 27'-34'. All fish were 18"-24". Was lucky enought to keep the two 18"s for dinner. Strangely, night fishing was very slow. Night fishing the previous weekend (8/12, 8/13) was the trick.

We're continuing do well with walleyes on deeper breaks and humps. Leeches (jig), crawlers (harness) and minnows (jig) are all working. Fish ranging 12"-26" - most are around 20". They're feeding in one hour spurts, sometimes low light, other times in the middle of the day. Aside from the first few weeks of the season, the last two weekends have easily been the best of the year. Looking forward to the fall!

Any other reports out there?

Default can you specify what area are deepeer breaks and humps?

my self and my uncle went out this weekend and got SKUNKED! not proud but am willing to beg, what do you mean by deeper breaks and humps?- we are out of brevik and ussualy stay on our side but am willing to travel if neccessary.

Petey
    any help will be greatly appreciated!

Dallas

I'm not sure you need to come all of that way. I went to the south side of the main lake recently and did the same as in Walker Bay. Look for steep breaks that are in between a nice basin of shallow water and then a basin of 30"+ water. There are a lot of breaks like this on the south side of the main lake. I drove around for a little while until I found a break with fish on the finder. It can be a little hard holding the break in the wind, but it works. 25'-30'. Best luck was on two breaks NW of Rogers Point.