The water is dropping, but fishing has stayed the same. Reports of excellent fishing up and down the reservoir in our area. Also I have heard numorous reports of good fishing on Lake Sharpe. Most fish are in the 10 to 20 foot range. I have said this before and I will say it again. It has been arguably the best year I have seen on Lake Francis Case. Size and Numbers combined. It looks like we are going to have an excellent late summer and fall. The guides are still catching 100-150 plus walleyes per day with a mix of smallmouth and white bass.

Here is my report from Aug 8-14.

Monday and Tues (Aug 8-9) I had a group out from Manning, IA. We caught 140-145 fish on Monday and 85 fish on Tuesday. Awesome fishing. We brought in a mixed bag of walleyes, catfish, white bass, and smallies. Arguably the best 2 days they have ever had.

On Wed I had a family out from Hartley, IA and Ankeny, IA. We caught 150-155 fish. Tyler and Trevor (the kids) had one heck of a time outfishing their elders. The group brought home limit of walleyes, 10 smallies, and 15 white bass.

Thursday through Sat I had a group out from Kansas City, MO and Alton, IL. You could not get 3 better days of fishing. Perfect weather, great people to fish with and awesome fishing. In 3 days we caught over 600 fish (hard to believe isn't it). All facts here, I have a counter in the boat. They took home their possession of walleyes, smallmouth, and 15 white bass. Not enough room in car to keep any more. We caught a 22 inch walleye, 21 inch walleye, and numorous smallmouth over 17 inches.

Sunday I had a father and 3 sons from Parkston, SD. We caught 140 fish on this day. What an outstanding way to send his sons off to school. A fishing trip to remember.

Until next week
Mike Allen