www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Gogebic Fishing?

Default Gogebic Fishing?

Hey guys!

Heading up for a 4 day trip to Gogebic beginning this weekend. How has the fishing been for walleyes and perch?

Thanks,
    Jake

We are heading up for a week too. Any current reports would be great along with a place for a few good meals as we are staying at a friends a house and hate to cook.

Fishing for walleye has been pretty tough for a while now. folks are still picking up perch. and the small mouth bass are catchable. overall everything is slow, I wish I could tell you more but I got nothing right now.

Places to eat around the lake. Gogebic lodge, Fishtales, Root cellar, Antonios family style reasturant that serves all three meals located in bergland.

Good Luck,

Tim
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com

Thanks for the heads up. Bringing the wives so it sounds like we should bring the golf clubs too. I can troll all day and watch boards, but probably wont fly with the ladies.

I think it would be a real good idea. I would love to post something positive on this forum right now but I have put in a lot of hours chasing those marbel eyes and little success lately. Like I said you can target the perch and bass and do alright but the walleye fishing has been slow. I'm actually leaving for a week of guiding on the Bay of Green Bay. Going to be catching some of those monster walleye that Bay can give up. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910

Hey Tim!

What have you been using for bait for the perch?

Thanks!

Jake

Hi Jake,

Most people are using a half a night crawler or beaver tails which are short stubby little night crawlers. Leeches are also working.

I think this cooler weather will help fishing in the near future. Let us know how you do out there while your in the area.

Good Luck,

Tim
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910

Hey Guys,

I've given up on walleyes for now. I've been trying to catch a trophy smallie with no luck. Been trolling boards with every stick bait you can think of and also drifting with worms and leeches. Tough time of year.....for me anyway. Based on this past May....there in there!