www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Recent Trip--August 4th-7th

Default Recent Trip--August 4th-7th

Sorry for my delay in posting this, but it took a while to get registered on this site.

We were up at Witch Bay for a quick trip earlier this month. First time up there, and we had a great time. Three solid days of fishing with consistent action the entire time (caught and released over 300 walleyes for 3 people). We were mainly fishing for walleyes. The largest sizes for the walleyes were one at 30", two at 27", two at 26", a bunch at 25", and several in the 20"-24" range. All were released and ready to be caught again. Fished mostly the mid-lake humps. Fish were either on the edge, or on the tops close to the edge. 1 1/2 oz bottom bouncer with spinner and crawler or leech. Jigs worked well too, but spinners dominated. Tried some slipbobbering over some pods of fish, but they seemed to prefer movement. One helpful point is to make sure you have good electronics when you go up there. We only stopped to fish when we marked a lot of fish, and this proved very effective.

A few things that I wanted to point out:
    --I can't say enough good things about Russ, Dick and the rest of the guides. We didn't fish in their boat, but spent a few minutes with them at breakfast every morning, and they provided us with great insights and several locations to fish. These guys really know their stuff, plus they are some of the nicest people you will meet.
    --I also cannot say enough about Gail, Steve, and the Hockett family. They truly care about their guests, and the hospitality was second to none. Truly wonderful people.

All in all, a great experience, and we will be coming back.

Default recent trip

That's why dad and I keep coming up year after year for 12 years straight! The people there are unbelievable.

I will second this and third it. Steve and Gail are some of the most gracious hosts you would ever want to meet, no matter how much or little money you spend. They cater to your every need and go out of their way everyday to make your experience unforgetable.

My two sons and I have been going there for 12 years and even though they both have busy schedules now they make room for this trip every year. The memories we have made will last a lifetime and beyond.

Thanks Gail and Steve and the entire WitchBay Staff.......