www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: I did it...

Default I did it...

Fished Little Bay the other day and caught a decent Sheeps Head. I always wanted to try one so I brought home an skinned it and fillet it out. Well I pan fried it tonight and while cooking, it smelled just like a handfull of black dirt. The first bite tasted like black dirt. The second bite tasted like black dirt and the rest of the fish went into the garbage. So take my word for it and just throw em back in.
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

Default You crack me up....

Cmon TJ the third bite may have tasted like lobster..... You got ball's my friend and you really crack me up...

TJ ,
    With the crazy amount of Sheepshead that get caught in both Big and Little Bay as well as the Bay of Green Bay everyone should feed them to the Eagles and Sea Gulls.

Default Time of year??

We tried some in early June and actually didn't taste like anything. Some of the tail meat had a weird texture, but otherwise we did not notice any dirt taste. We figured in desperate times we would have something to eat. Maybe like white bass, they are better earlier in the spring. Not planning on cooking up anymore as long as we have other fish to eat....plus they were hard to fillet.
    JBovay

I tried Drum also. The texture looked a different but I breaded it just like my walleye and cooked. One bite and into the garbage it went.

Someone told me that they eat zebra mussles. Anyone know if that's true? If so, I wouldn't be feeding the gulls with them.
    Truth does not need your permission to exist.

Fortune favors the prepared mind. Loius Pasteur