www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Worst Season Ever?

Default Worst Season Ever?

I've only been up twice this year, but have only caught 4 in about 13 days of fishing. It seems like the worst year in a long time. What do you think Ty?

Texas Dan

It certainly is the worst year in the past five for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Dan View Post
    I've only been up twice this year, but have only caught 4 in about 13 days of fishing. It seems like the worst year in a long time. What do you think Ty?

Texas Dan
    Only caught 4 in 13 days of fishing???!!! Must be nice!!!! LOL!!!!

I agree with i fishskis, what the @#!%@!# are you complaining about. Only my second year fishing skis, but I have seen more skis this year. They just are not hitting my lures.

OK guys...maybe I shouldn't be "complaining," but those were some pretty hard days of fishing for those 4 (40", 40", and 2 in the 30s). There were many days when the conditions looked just right and there were no fish in sight. Anyway, I am used to seeing and at hooking significantly more fish over the last 7 years in June and especially July. Just wondering what everybody else thought, as there don't seem to be many positive fishing reports on any of the sites. I will stop complaining now!

Dan

I don't think your complaining at all, you are just stating your opinion. I happen to agree with you. When the fish are moving and conditions are right, it can be a great Musky fishery, but too often I personally have "missed" that window. Over the last several years I caught it a couple times, with 2 fish in the boat within 20 minutes or so. Then - Nothing. I guess it's like that on other lakes as well, but for some reason I just expect more from the Chip :-) Oh Well... I am at the point where I just bass fish all week, and if I think the time is right, I'll cast for Musky for a couple hours. I have been hitting some other lakes and have had more action (follows, strikes etc...) I still love the Chip. Oh, 4 fish on the chip in 13 days is pretty good in my estimation. If it were a remote lake with no pressure, then that might be another story. Hope your next trip yeilds more results. Always enjoy reading the posts.

Heading up there next week (19-27) hopefully the fish will start to bite. Fished the chip last week of June seen fish just could not get them to hit. going to fish Spider on Friday then move to the Chip on Saturday. How are the boat landings on Spider? Will we have any trouble with our stuff in the truck getting mess with? Ty post if you have any last minute cancalations,(half day) Toni and I had a great time while fishing with you in June, any tips on what to throw would be apreciated. The plan is bucktails, pacemakers and cranks.

Thanks
    Byron& Toni

I know it's been my poorest season in many years. My buddy and I fish pretty hard and are used to numbers that are way better than what is the reality this season. We are not happy with our numbers and would not be happy with 4 fish in 13 days. We just expect way more. During our dry run, we kept fishing, but it was hard to stay focused.

It's been tough all over the midwest this year. The cold spring might have something to do with it or the water temps going up so fast. Who really kknows but it has been tough.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com