Thinking I'm a bit behind on getting a fresh Fishing Report posted.

We are in summer fishing patterns for most everything.

Lots of swimming, tubing, kayaking, rock jumping, canoeing and pedal boating going on here the past few weeks.

Dock fishing has included some nice bass and northern pike to go along with the usual assortment of perch, rock bass and crawfish!

Blueberries have been tough for some, others reporting they are still finding plenty, with best blueberries coming from shaded area's on the islands.

Northern Lights made an apprearance this past Friday night... lasted several hours.

Muskies have been cooperating fairly well as several guests have landed their first Ontario muskie in the past few weeks... very nice to see. Mostly medium sized muskies being caught mid 30"s to low 40"s.

Lake Trout - we still have a few experiencing a case of "trout drought" while others are catching them pretty easy. Myself I'm catching 1-2 and losing 1-3 most every night I go out, but I'm still fishing mostly 70-90 waters only trouble has been finding the lake trout small enough to want to keep. I do have the "Lake Trout Lily" thing working for me which has helped me land seven 10+ Lake Trout. For those who don't know what "Lake Trout Lily" is/does - she is our 18 month old Welsh Corgi puppy. Lily likes to go out in the boat, barks like crazy while I splash the lure on the surface... which often gets the Lake Trout to rising off the bottom... I drop my lure to the rising fish and when I hook it Lily really gets excited - jumping all over the boat... I net the Lake Trout, get the hooks out and give Lily the chance to kiss them quickly and we both watch in admiration as the Lake Trout swims back down out of site slowly. I'm hoping to get Jenny or Amy to go out and take a video and a few pictures, but so far Jenny and Amy have had other things they wanted to do. A few guests caught Lake Trout on Whitefish Bay also - including 8 and 11 pound Lakers!

Walleye are cooperating on Lake of the Woods, seeing extended periods of only finding the smaller walleyes being caught - normal. Whitefish Bay had a couple good days of 3-4 pound walleyes.

Northerns are biting and fun action only a few mid 30" Northerns reported mostly from Whitefish Bay.

Bass included a big Largemouth from Whitefish Bay. Kakagi has been pretty hot for Smallie action the past week, with 6-7 boats saying a great bass bite with lots of 2-4 pound Smallies being caught everyplace they try for bass. Cedartree also on a hot bass smallie bite. No guests over at Jessie but would be pretty confident in betting they are also biting well.

We are starting to slow down from our busy run with many of the young ones getting ready for back to school. We will have some cabins opens all the way through the rest of the schedule until closing up in mid November. Next week will be the last of the American Plan (meals) for the season as Jean will start packing it in to bring the girls home for schooling.

Cheers,