www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: September Smallmouth Fishing?????

Default September Smallmouth Fishing?????

We have a bunch of guys that are wanting to get out of the heat of the south and go to Minnesota and catch some smallmouth? How is the fishing in September? Where should we go? How is the fishing on some of the smaller Lakes around Mille Lacs?

Summers: Lake Mille Lacs, Mn, Winters: Lockport, IL

September smallie bite can be very exciting. From topwater action, tube and grub bite and on spinnerbaits. Water temps start to cool and fish can be very active. When the wind blows and fishing the big lake is not feasible then the many small lakes provide great pike, and largemouth bass action. Dont forget that ML is also a world class Musky and Walleye lake as well.

Our radio show www.FishingandOutdoorRadio.com sponsors an all inclusive trip to Mille Lacs over the Labor Day week (Sept 7-11), great value includes lodging, food, tax, tips, for less than $100.00 day per person. Check out the details...this may be just the trip for your group.
    Jim DaRosa
    Jim DaRosa's Smallmouth Bass Guide Service

Web Site: http://www.FishSmallmouthBass.com

Co Host Fishing and Outdoor Radio Show
    Web Site: http://www.FishingandOutdoorRadio.com

"If man concentrated on the important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing poles and duck decoys."

Jim,
    I have been thinking about coming back up this fall with my buddie and am wondering about this Labor Day weekend thing. Do you give some pointers as to where to go and what to try at that time to all the guys or do you do guiding at that time? About how many normally show up for the event? Thanks!
    KEEPFISHN4FUN

Summers: Lake Mille Lacs, Mn, Winters: Lockport, IL

Keepfishin4fun,

Thanks for your interest in our Fall Fishing Bonanza on Mille Lacs Sept 7-11. To answer your questions. On Wednesday night 9/7 we have a kiskoff/welcomeing prime rib buffet dinner. After dinner we will have a walleye , musky and smallmouth bass guide (me) give a fishing reports on each species, the reports will include current lake conditions, patterns, baits to use and what to look for while fishing the lake. After the presentations and raffle drawing each guide will be availabe to answere more specific question on a 1 to 1 basis....EVEN mark maps.

Another great source of info is in the parking lot in the am and pm when anglers are getting ready to go out to the lake and at the end of the day. All of our anglers will share info....unlike a tournament sitituation...if we share then everyone has the best chance of catching fish.

In the past I have not guided....being one of the radios show cohost and sponsor of the trip, my and my cohosts make sure things are running smoothly and that our anglers are being taken care ofl I am availabe during the trip to answer questions etc about ML fishing.

Its a great trip and a lot of fun. We have had as many as 60 anglers on this trip...but the economy thing has taken a toll on numbers., so it varies year to year.

Hope you give this trip some serious consideration.....but dont wait too long for our registration deadline is fast approaching. Should you deciede to attend, please mail the registration form to my Mn address, for if its get mailed to my IL address the forwarding process of the post office takes an extra 7 days and you may miss the registration deadline.

Mailing address: Call me and I will give it to you. 320 630 4792
    Jim DaRosa
    Jim DaRosa's Smallmouth Bass Guide Service

Web Site: http://www.FishSmallmouthBass.com

Co Host Fishing and Outdoor Radio Show
    Web Site: http://www.FishingandOutdoorRadio.com

"If man concentrated on the important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing poles and duck decoys."

Has anyone been out lately? Thinking about heading there for the holiday weekend to chase some smallies.