www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Thought It Was Too Good To Be True...........

Default Thought It Was Too Good To Be True...........

Looks like the non-calling has come to an end.......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New RABC.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	14353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New RABC2.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	14354
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

If you have the RABC are you still required to call?

I talked with a boarder agent the other day....they agreed that they have relaxed the call in rule. You can call in by cell phone rather than having to use Cyclone or Young’s bay designated customs phones. However, if you do plan on anchoring in Canada, stepping foot on ground in Canada or hovering around another boat while in Canada, you need to use one of the designated customs phones.
    Of course no need to call if you have an RABC.
    The agent also agreed that the treaty was no longer being acknowledged by the Canadian government.

Be very carefull it's all about the secific person that you talked to you may get several differant answers about the same question.The best way is to cover your a...
    Don and Lynn Pursch
    Nielsen's Fly-In Lodge
    Rowan Lake, Nestor Falls, Ontario
    Phone: 800-653-5946

I agree!

Much depends on which agent you happen to get when you call. I've had clients who where told that you can't use a cell phone and had to go to Jim's Corner to call in. Others have had no problem.

I've had them ask me if I was planning on anchoring or hovering with another boat? With is suppose to be a real bad thing to do! Many times they ask my destination (where I'll be fishing, I alway say Monument Bay and this seems to make them happy). Be ready for all sorts of different responces as you get different folks almost every time. The way it looks to me is that when the phone rings it'll search till it finds someone who's open. This seems to vary from eastern Ontario (usually Kingston) to some where in British Colombia.(usually Vancover), and a few other places. You'll get release number anywhere from three digits to around 15. I've found that if you don't get a responce in a minute or two it good to hang up and dial again as it does through the sreach again and many times you'll get right through. I'm using my cell and I have the feeling that they "KNOW" me as I suppose I've done this 100's of times and they seem to let me always use my cell.

Usually it's pretty painless, and only takes a minute or so. I've always wondered what would happen if I told that Customs Officer that I did indead have currency in excess of $10,000.00, and had gifts for someone in Canada!.

The musical interlude need to be changed.

Doug Johnson