Took out guide client Charlie Walling from Nebraska on Thursday and we had a very enjoyable day on the water. The high skies and hot temperatures made for tough fishing conditions, but we had one really close call with a fifty inch caliber fish around 8:30am. She initially came up on a double ten bucktail, and followed two times though the figure eight swiping at the lure several times. She then came up on a Pacemaker topwater that I had Charlie throw back on her on the very next cast, but she blew off at boatside. Other than a few pike, we had our one good chance at a big fish but it wasn't in the cards. All in all, we enjoyed our time on the water and he learned a lot in the process.

I took my wife Kris out the next evening and we got blown off the lake due to a severe T-Storm, so we drove to another lake further west and I caught a shorty (32"-33"er) on a Hawg Wobbler right at dark. Hopefully with cooling temperatures coming this week, all hell will finally break loose. Water temperatures are still pushing in the high seventies on most lakes. Good luck on the water!