www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Our first visit to Nielsens

Thumbs up Our first visit to Nielsens

I can't believe I'm finally posting to this site! My wife and I took our first trip to Nielsens in July and it's been way too long a wait to sing the praises of not only the fishing, but of Don, Lynn, Paul, Shawna, and Maggie! The lodge is fantastic, the cabins clean and comfortable, the food excellent (I miss the cookies), and everyone there made us feel welcome. Don and Lynn run a first class operation and it shows in every single detail. As for the fishing, well, I've never been to a class lake as Rowan. If you fish Muskie, this is where the big boys swim. Big lake trout are numerous and you don't need to travel far on the water to find them, but a depth finder is a must! There are portage lakes that hold good numbers of big walleye, and any cove you go into will keep you busy with nice bass and northern. Don and Paul are excellent guides and well worth fishing with at lease one day. On Don's Flicker page check out the lady in the orange breaker- her first big laker. Not only did we fly away having the finest time on the water in our lives, but we made new friends there. We will be back next year! Phil and Joann Hilliard

Uh oh, the secret is getting out about Nielsen's! My dad and I took our first trip to Nielsen's in 2009, and we share the exact sentiments that Joann expressed, right down to missing the island cookies. We are counting the days to our third annual trip in a few weeks. We are looking forward to the hospitality and friendship of the staff, as well making new unforgettable memories on the water.

Brent Roth

Always a great time at Nielsen's. We've been guests for 24 yrs. now & the great hospitality keeps us coming back. Oh & the fishery, well I'll try to attach the link on Flicker of JoAnn's Trout. I think it speaks for it's self!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nielsen...n/photostream/

JoAnn & Phil, it was great meeting both of you. Hope our paths cross again next year. JoAnn even let her husband catch a few trout, but she had the hot hand.

Silvia