www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Blue & George

Cool Blue & George

Blue,
    I think I know that spot. Better get her before Sept. We boated one of her little sister's saw her a couple of time's but could not get her to dance! Love all your pic's and virtual tour's please keep'um coming!!!
    George,
    That was me at Donner's I would have never brought a northern the first time sorry I didn't stay long but the wife was in the truck and wanted to head back to the cabin.
    Next time the beer's are on me would like to talk the TFF with you and your brother Mark!!!
    Dave

Okay, that was the motivation I needed to upload some photos from the last two weekends. Some nice sunsets, an agitated loon and a few other interesting items. Took a drive up to Copper Falls last Saturday, also intending to stop at St. Peter's Dome nearby. But I only managed to shoot 3 panoramic scenes before lightning and heavy rain sent me scrambling for cover. Still, I'll get them posted at some point and plan to go back for more, probably when fall colors are peaking. Also hoping to fit in a quick swing through the Keweenaw plus the Porcupine Mountains and Copper Peak this fall.

Default Great stuff

Wow, some of those sunset shots are spectacular, and I really love photo #17 from the Jul 21 group. I'm sure you're a very good fisherman, but to me you are really an excellent photographer. Thank you again for your work in this area and then being kind enough to post and share everything for all of us to enjoy.

Great stuff!

Thanks, Don. Just being there and pushing the button is half the battle... The one you mentioned is what I always refer to as a church bulletin shot...it was actually better in person and that was probably the best from about 50 tries. Sunsets look better than reality if you underexpose them - most cameras lock the focus and exposure when you half-press the shutter, so try aiming at the sun or the brightest part of the sky, half-press and hold while repositioning the camera to where you actually want it, and shoot. If you let the camera take the exposure setting from the dark, shadowed trees on the horizon, that will result in an overexposed photo with washed-out colors. And zoom in - a really wide sunset shot rarely looks as dramatic as capturing just the most colorful part of the sky, although that shot taken outside Blair from last weekend's batch has been getting a lot of compliments.

Blue.
    Originally tried to post this under Summer present for Blue could not do it had to start a new thread would post a pic of the little sister if I knew how gonna try to get the kid to do it. The kid figuerd out how to put your Pic's and tour's on the big screen tv it's awesome I can look at them for hour's especially during the hard water months one of these day's hope to see you on the water I know what boat to look for!!!
    Dave

Good to meet you Dave! Sorry it took so long to reply, but I was in Canada fishing this past week. Here's a pic of one we could've practiced on. Looking forward to next year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0600A.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	14439  
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

George,
    That would have been a nice northern to practice on was hoping to run into you on are Sept. trip guess it will have to wait till next year.
    Still appreicate the offer. One of these days I'll learn to post a pic.

Dave

Next year, same time, same place and hopefully a couple of Northerns. Can't make it up in Sept. because I will be blowing my whistle and throwing yellow flags at children. Good luck!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.