www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: boat launch rules

Default boat launch rules

Yesterday evening I was taking my young son out to fish on the yacht harbor, as we were about to launch my boy witnessed a guy powering onto his trailer. He asked me why that guy did that and I told him it is not allowed because it ruins the launch. His response was "isn't that guy a pro fisherman...if he is doing that it MUST be alright". I explained that some people do the wrong thing and not everybody breaks the rules. As we were fishing near the boat mooring area another boat came by us at about 15mph throwing a pretty big wake. The boy's response to that one.."these guys must not have to follow the rules" I explained that most pro's are very good about following rules. I really enjoy the nice boat launches we have and I hope they can stay that way without somebody having to repair them every year.

Red face Pro What ?

I have witnessed these "PRO"s power ramp boats for years!!! Granted alot of these guys are very professional but there are sure a ton of them that could care less about the surrounding facilities and the required rules!!! Act like a PROFESSIONAL or stay in your own state!!!! These PRO"s aren't hard to see they all have there Bill Dance look-a-like oufits on.

What is your definition of "powering on"? Most guys drive their boats onto their trailers, this is not "powering on" now once you hit your trailer, and gun the motor, this is "powering on". As far as the wake, I have seen some pretty dumb things on the lake this week, and this would be par for the course, but do not lump everyone into this category, and these guys for the most part are local fisherman fishing a new body of water. The NTC/MWC does have some professionals fishing this weekend, but they are the minority. (look up the definition of professional)

Driving your boat on a trailer is fine...this guy (New York plates) was gunning the hell out of it. I have seen it a few times at the North Shore launch also. Had a few "nice" discussions with people doing it down there.

Default Roller trailers.

Personally I follow the rules, most everything I do including at launches. My boat is pretty small, light and I have a bunk trailer... loads pretty easy. However, I have a fishing buddy with a large fiberglass boat that is impossible (at least as far as I've found) to load without powering on. It has a roller trailer with lots of moving parts... and the only way I know to put that boat back on the trailer is to power it on... otherwise the rollers flip up under the boat the wrong way which can cause damage to both boat and trailer, not to mention the boat simply isnt seated right if you do it this way. Anyone ever seen this type of setup? Any suggestions?

Cool ahh

If driving your boat onto the trailer isnt "powering on" what would be the point of revving it up anymore? i mean if your on the trailer why keep giving her? Glad you guys clear that one up tho, i always thaught driving your boat up on the trailer was "powering on"..