Seems like my week to thank people.Stuff like the following only happens in what Matt calls 'Dicks World'.
Leave early this morning and soon catch a beautiful 44 inch hybrid.It's at that point I realize my camera is in the cabin.Dam!!!Proceed on and catch about a 42,screw up a bunch,then the storm hits.Severe lightning.After it abates a bit I start home but make one last stop where I'd seen a '50' earlier.Yup,it hits and I net it.No Camera.About then i look and at the next island is a friend,Andrew(he posts monster pics on here regularly) from Manitoba.He comes over and we use his bumpboard to confirm its a 50,then with a fancy camera he takes pics which he'll be sending me shortly.As I'm washing off his bumpboard he cautions me my net looks close to falling in.I say its fine and 'secured' and that its my friend Matts cause I already lost mine this year.As I hand him his bumpboard back I hear a 'plop'.Yup,goodby Matts net.I see Andrew has floating markers and tell him to throw one.He does,we both put on Bulldawgs and start jigging and 10 minutes later he hooks Matts net.(Matt is lucky,face it)
Anyway its 2 PM,after my naptime so off to bed but THANK YOU Andrew!!!