www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chippewa Flowage Wisconsin fishing report 8-2-2011

Default Chippewa Flowage Wisconsin fishing report 8-2-2011

Hi everyone,

Guided Bill for a half day today. it was originally planned for the morning, but severe thunderstorms altered our plans. We finally left the boat landing at 12 noon. It was lightly raining, but no lightning and thunder with almost no wind.

Day started slow but the fish got more active as the afternoon wore on. By 4:30 we had a 2 man lake limi of Walleyes(4) along with some dandy Blugills and Perch. Bill also landed a very nice and heavy 19" SM Bass. the Walleyes all were 14"-16" and 2 of the Bluegills measured 91/2" and 93/4". the smallest one we kept was 7". The Perch were both 10". Some really quality fish. Made for two hefty bags of fillets.

All the fish were caught again on jigs and leeches. I'm catching every thing while fishing for Walleyes as the main quarry. I know that if I scale down, I'd catch more panfish and if I did other things different,I'd catch more Bass. But I have Walleye vision.Quess I was born with it. Since Walleyes are being difficult to catch on the Big Chip right now, it is very rewarding and satisfying to be able to have consistent sucess. I continue to find the Walleyes relating to deep wood. Still try the weeds but to no avail. the Walleyes have Perch minnows in their stomachs. Obviously the Perch fry are using the deep wood for cover and the Walleyes are right there behind them .

The weather was constantly changing. We had heavy over cast skies with a light south wind. then a light west wind, then it finally switched to the North with a good Walleye chop. Just before we were done, the sun popped out and warmed everything up. The air temps were a comfortable mid 70's untill the sun came out. The water temps are still warm at 77 degrees.

I'll be guiding Bill again tommorow. Will start mid morning weather permitting. Good luck fishing everyone.

If you would like to learn the latest patterns and techniques for catching Walleyes on the Chippewa Flowage, shoot me an email or give me a call. We can work up a day.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill's 19 inch Smallie.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	14285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 man limit of Walleyes and bonus Perch and Panfish 8-2-2011.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	14286  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.