www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: First Week in August Fishing Report 8/2/2011

Default First Week in August Fishing Report 8/2/2011

I (Mike) am sitting on a little vacation before school starts in the Black Hills with my family. So my report next week will be a little shorter.

Water is still dropping a little each day. Fishing has still been excellent. The guides are catching 100-150 plus fish each day. Some days we also get into some nice smallies and white Bass. (Look at our pics of facebook link on our web page). Fishing 15-25 feet of water with spinners and crawlers. Also fish being brought in pulling cranks. The bite still seems to be on most of Lake Francis Case. We have heard of good reports coming in from Elm Creek all the way to the dam. Structure pretty much the same everywhere. Fishing points and the high banks. Pretty good bite around Chamberlain also. Locals are limitting daily in the city limits.

Here is my report for the week of 7/27 -8/4.

Monday I had a group out from Huxley, IA. 2 boys with 2 dads. Outstanding day of fishing. We caught Our limit of nice walleyes and also 9 white bass. Caught 150 - 155 fish on this day. Excellent fishing by the 2 boys, Zach and Jackson.

Tues off

Wed I had a group out from Panama, IA. Also guided part of the group last Friday. 2 boys and 2 dads out on a fishing trip. Biggest numbers of the year for me. 220 - 225 fish. Not as many white bass (5), but plenty of action. Might have spoiled the boys (Will and Camden). Excellent walleye trip!!

Thursday thru Sat I had a group out from Des Moines, IA. 3 outstanding days of fishing. On Thursday we caught 115-120 fish. Limit of smallies also. Friday we caught 110-115 fish, with our limit of smallies (14-18 inches) and 9 white bass and 2 catfish. Sat we made one pass to catch our walleyes to fill what they ate. 60 fish with 12 keepers (4 for my family to eat that night). At 10:00 a.m. we went to chase smallies. They were not biting that well on Sat, but caught enough to fill possession. Then went back to walleye fishing and found another good school of nice 16-20 inch fish. Caught 90 fish total and quit at 1p.m. 320 fish in 3 days, where do you get that kind of action consistently in the United States?

Sunday I had a group out from Rochester, MN. First time on a guided fishing trip. On Sat they fished with a different guide out of our service and caught 175 plus fish.(went through 11 doz crawlers) On Sunday we caught 135-140 fish and quit at 11:30. Pretty good action for first time out. All kprs (16 with 4 guys) were from 15 to 19 inches.

Does not look like our bite is going to quit soon. We are starting to make some little adjustments with water going down, but everything looks good. I know dad's boat caught 100-150 fish yesterday. Keep up on our pics on facebook.

Until next time
    Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Default Boat Ramps

Are any of the boat ramps open up by the Big Bend dam on Francis Case?

Chazz

just openned the middle ramp below dam yesterday.
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com