www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trinidad VS LJV ?

Question Trinidad VS LJV ?

Which one is better the Trinidad or the LJV ?

Default Depends...

Both are great reels, and the top of the Shimano lineup. I own both, and really the applications for both are completely different. The Trinidad 16NA is a great reel for burning blades, nothing else comes close in terms of quality and construction. I also really like the 16NA for working rubber. It is a tough reel to work any bait slowly with, however, and it doesn't have a levelwind. I haven't had any issues adjusting to the lack of levelwind, but some guys complain about it.

The LJV is a souped up 400TE, and allows you to bring in blades regardless of size with relative ease. The stock handle can cause some issues casting, and also makes this reel tough to bring anything in fast. So for instance I use my regular TEs for topwater, I can't use my LJV for this purpose. If you get the LJV make sure to cast with the handle pointing forward/down (imagine between 3 and 6 on a clockface). It also helps to cast the reel somewhat sideways. If you don't do this, you are going to have the handle engage during a cast, and that is a major problem that will do significant damage to the reel.

Overall, I like my Trinidad slightly more than my LJV simply because I've found more applications for it. I fish a lot in MN, however, and that means that I do a lot of burning blades. Both work great for rubber. You really can't go wrong with either, just match them to your applications.

Hope that helps! If you have any more specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

That"s about as good of an answer anyone could give.
    Thanks,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks guys !!!!

i dont think make either in a left hand model...wtf is that about!!!

Maybe left handed is not the right way to fish. I've been telling you that for years. Seems like Shimano agrees.

Later Snizz,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Yep sorry lefty !!