Arrived Wednesday afternoon and unloaded everything into the cabin and was able to fish the afternoon and evening bites. Good fishing that day. Dad got a 24 inch walleye on a jig.
Thursday our biggest fish was only 21 inches but we got lots of walleye and lots of them in the 17-19 inch range. Still no "biggie piggy" like we are looking for, but lots of fun.
Friday a little tougher bite. Not the numbers we had the past two days but enough to keep us interested as we hit a lot of our "milk run" spots and also found a few new spots that produced. Weather was sunny and warm but had a nice breeze to keep us from getting too hot.
Saturday lots of WIND out of the South (15 - 20 mph) to compete with. Fishing was good but boat control was a major headache. If you worked at the latter you could catch fish.
Today, winds subsided and were 6-10 mph out of the W/SW and much more pleasurable. By far the best fishing day thus far. Biggest fish was a 25 incher for Dad. He also caught a 23 incher. Lots of 18-21 inchers as well as huge numbers. If it was my time to go and meet my maker, I wouldn't mind if it were today!
2 more days of fishing then back to reality.