www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ruhmann Find His Boat?

Default Ruhmann Find His Boat?

It's awesome that the big fish are finally starting to move. Just wondering how Steve and Chris are doing. I got a text Friday night that he was going by the Flag Island web cam so I'm pretty sure he made it to Bay Store from there. Hopefully Chris can get into a couple nice fish. Post a couple updates if you get time.

Thanks.

Jeff

I got a text from Steve:
    Day 1
    Steve 42.5

Day 2
    Steve 42, 40.5
    Chris 37 and lost a 44ish

Come on Chris...you can kick the ole man's butt. Tell him "ladies first" through the spots!

Jeff, keep us posted, that was one thing I missed this year on the flatlander invasion. Used to be fun to see how everybody was doing for the week even though im just an outsider. Hope you friends do well this week!!

Mr Musky

I think only Chris scored yesterday with a 36.

Tuesday - Steve 40.5. He said he's working 3 fish or so around the 46" - 48" size and one 50+". He just texted me saying he's heading for the 50+" fish right now. He told me the spot so I can fish it with him. Won't get much done here this morning. I hope no-one comes in as I sit here with my eyes closed working a bait from my chair...could look pretty strange.

Last night,last stop,second to last cast.and all I can say is 'DING DONG'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked to Steve while on the road yesterday. It was great hearing the story of his first 50 incher. He was excited. Good job Steve!

Great job Steve. Good to see you again. Congrats on a great fish.

Well I am back at work and already missing the Baystore. Thanks to everyone for their nice comments. It was good to see Laura, Frank, DP, Matt and Andrew. Also made some new friends in Brett, John and Kris. DP asked that I post a pic of the fish and the sunset that followed. A special thanks to my gal Kris who had a blast bombing around on LOTW and for netting my fish of a lifetime. We really had a fantastic week. Ringing the bell with Frank and DP standing there made it even more memorable. Enjoy.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunset downsized.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	14355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steve 50 2 downsized.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	14356  

Great stuff. The place and the people have a habit of leaving you with fantastic memories.

Default Nice fish

Congratulations Steve !!!

Thumbs up

Well done Steve!!! A very nice fish to say the least.
    Congrats on the long road that is now behind you. Hopefully now that you've gotten that one in the net your next dozen 50"s will drop like flies around DP.

Man, I sure do miss that place and the salt of the earth that can be found around the docks.

Ryan

Wink Awesome

Very happy for Steve and Kris. He had cetainly paid his dues. It is great the Gods shined on this good friend.

On a selfish note...hopefully now I may be relieved of the constant reminder from a certain memeber of the Salt of the Earth dock crew, regarding a vicous rumor of a possible mis-netting that occur some years ago in a Triton.

Sully,
    This was a big,beautiful fish but still not the monster you knocked off Steve's line.Just saying....

I'd like to hear Ruhmmy's version again.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

LOL! So much for being off the hook.

You may not be off the hook, but the fish sure was. After you beat it with the net.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

As my memory serves me, the fish hit out on the cast but did not crush it. As it got close to the net I heard DP say Nice one. She stayed down and was powering at the back of the boat when she came up and opened her mouth, at the same time I felt a thunk but thought it was a hard head shake or her banging against the side of the boat. Next thing I know I am looking at my lure hanging off the end of my rod and looking over at Sully and DP both having a look a disappointment for what just happened. I then slumped over in my own internal misery while the two of them had a debate of what happened. Not sure what that discussion was......

And that is the way it was, July 21st, 2008

But I am all better now !

Steve

Actually there were at least 3 'thunks'.One when the Sully directed net hit the boat,the second when it hit the fish on the head,and the third when i sat forcefully down in utter disgust.On the other hand,it was only pushing 53-54 so in 30-40 yrs you may get another opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie Junkie View Post
    Well I am back at work and already missing the Baystore. Thanks to everyone for their nice comments. It was good to see Laura, Frank, DP, Matt and Andrew. Also made some new friends in Brett, John and Kris. DP asked that I post a pic of the fish and the sunset that followed. A special thanks to my gal Kris who had a blast bombing around on LOTW and for netting my fish of a lifetime. We really had a fantastic week. Ringing the bell with Frank and DP standing there made it even more memorable. Enjoy.

Steve
    Good job Steve! Congrats!
    GO BIG RED!!