www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A Rare Day

Default A Rare Day

Well my bow hunting buddy from illinois is here for his annual trip.Matt is a great fisherman and we usually do well but yesterday was a bit unusual even for us.We don't go hard and fish like we used to but i still try pretty hard to keep us 'on em'.He arrived late thursday but we still got out a few hours and scored 3 up to 47 inches.Friday we took a ride north and got 5 up to 49.
    Then yesterday-well,lets just say we got a bunch.The story though is we got 4 over 50.Thankfully he let the old man catch the biggest but he got the rest.To anticipate Qs,we caught them on rocks,weeds,current areas and combos of the above.We caught them north,west,and east of Baystore.We caught them on assorted baits.(Matts 3 were on a DC10,a Grinder and a surface bait)
    And,we burned about one tank of gas in 3 days doing it.What a place!!!
    Enjoy the pics and good fishing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011 nice ones 024R.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	14255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011 nice ones 025R.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	14256  

Excuse my computer skills.Let me try again to add the pics.

Name:	IMGP1282 r.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	14257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011 nice ones r.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	14258  

Awesome fish! Save a few for us.
    Cindy and Bill

'Bout time those fish came home!

Good job, Dick!
    GO BIG RED!!

Wow! That is awesome.

talk about being envious...

Nice job guys! Wow...a couple very healthy fish in those photos. Very thick!

Update.Yesterday we took mostly off.Took Bets in as she went home,slept,etc.Out a few hours with Matt and a suspicious/notorious local guide/camp owner and of course I was the only one to catch a fish.A monster by my standards but to the others,not so big.So big they didn't stop casting.From the sounds of it it was a good day to be off the water anyway.
    This morning Matt and I left early and fished a few hours before he left for home.Boated 2 fish,a 40 inch type and another 50.Guess which I got.
    Yup,Matt got his 4th 50 of his short trip.Even more astounding is his comment-"you know,we have caught 10 50s in the last 7 days we have fished together."Looking back on his trip here last year,i realize he's right!!!!I sure hope he returns soon.
    Pic of his 4th below.
    PS.This really was Frankies fish.I told him about it and it's 4 foot buddy but he's been too busy to go.Some may recall I did that last year,told him I had a 50 for him-we go there and he gets it.Oh well,he had his chance.

Name:	matt 11 035 R.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	14267  

Boy he is getting so spoiled we are never going to hear the end of it now The one with him in red sure looks like a good weed,current with a little rock throwen in spot that I know could it be? I sure miss not being able to get up there this summer "So Far".
    Darren

Yeh Darren,i suspect you know that spot.

Congrats Mr. Pearson on these great fish. This is Steve Kirking out in Idaho - drooling over the beautiful fish and happy the musky gods are treating you right!! I hope the elk gods treat me as well this fall. I'm sorry we didn't connect on elk hunting. The invitation is still open....... I'm glad to see all these great year classes of musky in the lake!! I hope to partake next summer. My brother and his family are at Rich Trumbull's cabin this week. Stop by and say hi if you get the chance...he is a Viking's fan...unlike me with green and gold super bowl trophy in hand!! Hope the lake continues to take care of you!!
    Steve

Hi Steve!Nice to hear from you.May still bug you about elk hunting sometime.
    Better get out here,fish are 'going'.A bit jaded right now,catch 4 myself today and feel 'low' cause no biggies.My mind will soon return to reality though.
    Take care,
    Dick

"Dick's World" is a very good place to be.

Ryan

Yeh guess it can be Ryan.On the other hand,wish you were here in SoDak to get on the tractor for me this morning.
    Things will improve in a couple days again when the early goose season opens though.Rascal,Big and a couple neighbor kids are ready for that.:-)