www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Woody Passes Away

Post Woody Passes Away

It with a heavy heart that I have to report that Bill Wood passed this afternoon (July 29th, 2011). Bill Wood was one of 3 guys (along with Steve Budnik & Gil Nimm) that founded the Cap City Chapter back in February 1983. He was always very active in our chapter raising funds to raise or buy muskies. I as well as all owe Woody a special thanks for having such a great fishery here in Madison. A celebration of his life will be held in Dane, WI at the Community Center on either Aug 10th or 11th. More details to follow as I get them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woody45.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	14243Attachment 14244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woody51.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	14245
    Gerard

May Bill rest in eternal peace. We were truly blessed to have a man of such dedication and foresight as part of Muskies Inc. From those early first stockings of Muskies to our first 50"+ fish caught and released. I'm so glad he was with us long enough to see those early labors result in a truly wonderful Musky fishery here on the Madison chain today. An amazing legacy.

Default Losing a friend

It does not seem like 28 years ago that I traveled to Bill's house in Dane to help plan the organizational meeting of the Capital City Chapter of Muskies, Inc. The success of the muskie fishery in the Madison chain is truly due in large part to Bill's untiring efforts over those 28 years. I've lost a dear friend.

Steve Budnik

Not only have we lost a great friend, but the muskies have too.

Here the latest details:

A celebration of life will be held on Thursday , August 11th from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Village of Dane Community Center, 102 West Main Street, Dane, WI. Family and friends are encouraged to attend to enjoy food, refreshments and celebrate Bill’s life.
    Gerard