Does anybody have any input on Lakemaster chips. I just found one that is compatible with my Lowrance unit that I want to buy... it has the 3' intervals. I currently use a Nav card that has 5' intervals, but here is a partial list of faults with it... At the Black Bottom break, it tells me I'm in 10-15 FOW when I'm actually in 30 FOW....same on the West Bank in certain spots. Last year, when I started exploring the Ford area, I almost lost my lower unit twice because it tells me that I should be outside that first 5' breakline when I was, in fact, MUCH shallower than 5'. In any event, I know that common sense must prevail in all circumstances and these are meant as a guide, not an exact replication; and common sense has prevailed thus far. But, I have to wonder....what else am I missing???? The card I'm looking at is a '09 version...does anyone have any feedback with Lakemaster; good or bad? Thanx for any help.
BTW, I realize this is a fishing report site...Here's my report: Some walleye biting for me lately, mostly 5-20 FOW off breaklines this week...harnesses by day, cranks by night. However, the ones I have been catching have been all considerably smaller than last year at this time in the same spots (14"-19")...last year was all 18"-22"ers, with some 24's in there. So if ur fishin' the upcoming tourney...Don't follow me!!!! U won't win!!!!