www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: What are my best chances of........

Default What are my best chances of........

.....landing a few fish in the Warren area next week? Heading up the hill to Warren again to try my luck at catching a few fish and was hoping to possibly get pointed in the right direction. This is about my 7th year of visiting the beautiful Allegheny National Forest and I hate leaving every time. I will attempt to bring along my kayak this season and I will have access to a boat at the marina for the week. I've gotten into some decent trout at the Dam along with a nice Northern and further down river along Hemlock Rd, a few more trout. Up top the resivoir has been very unproductive for me with a few small fish off the troll. What I would greatly apreciate is any advice to what species may be best to target this time of year and a very general location where I can start my search. I understand that this information is sacred and is very rarely shared, especially to a out of towner , flatlander like myself. Bet rest assure if you ever came to visit my town I would all but drive you out to the beach and put you onto the fish. Thanks for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by vonyek View Post
    .....landing a few fish in the Warren area next week? Heading up the hill to Warren again to try my luck at catching a few fish and was hoping to possibly get pointed in the right direction. This is about my 7th year of visiting the beautiful Allegheny National Forest and I hate leaving every time. I will attempt to bring along my kayak this season and I will have access to a boat at the marina for the week. I've gotten into some decent trout at the Dam along with a nice Northern and further down river along Hemlock Rd, a few more trout. Up top the reservoir has been very unproductive for me with a few small fish off the troll. What I would greatly appreciate is any advice to what species may be best to target this time of year and a very general location where I can start my search. I understand that this information is sacred and is very rarely shared, especially to a out of towner , flatlander like myself. Bet rest assure if you ever came to visit my town I would all but drive you out to the beach and put you onto the fish. Thanks for your time!
    The river is loaded with fish. The tail waters hold some nice trout and eyes as well. Small mouth are very plentiful just about anywhere. The reservoir is doing very well this year. Lots of guys seem to target Seneca reservation waters. You'll need a res license to fish there available in Warren at Grizzly's Garys. Gary can also point you in the right direction. He has all the bait you will need. Tell him I sent you. Good luck and enjoy your stay.

I would chase trout during early mornings and late-evenings. There has been a decent walleye bite during midday, at least for us. The muskies can be active at any time with the warmer-than-normal river temps this summer. I will be doing several nite trips over the next 10 days so I will report back in after I wake up.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Default Thanks

Just want to thank you guys for the information. I get excited to spend the week in Kinzua country fishing, so any and all assistance is appreciated. I normally like to get out 3 times a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner, so it looks like you guys have covered me on that aspect. Small mouth fishing (my favorite), was once great down at the dam downtown as I remember. Any clue on how things are with out the dam being there? Crawlers have always been what has been advised by the local tackle shop so I will be sure to load up upon arrival however if there are any other deadly tatics please feel free to pass them along. Thanks again!