www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing is Still Strong 7/21/2011

Default Fishing is Still Strong 7/21/2011

My fishing report is pretty much the same as last week's. Still some of the best fishing on Case that we have seen. Reports of a good bite from Elm Creek to the Dam. That is a 40 mile area!! Boats staying at the motel caught limits at the White River area and Crow Creek to the dam. Still catching nice walleyes. 14 to 21 inch fish. The guides are bringing in 15 - 20 inch limits with lots of White Bass and a few smallies. We are catching 100 - 150 per day right now. Lots of action. Mostly fishing 15-25 feet of water with spinner and a crawler. The cranking guys are also catching fish. They are mostly fishing the White River area.

We have also still heard of some limits being brought in on the lower 1/3 of Sharpe. Not many people fishing on that lake so not many reports. Sooner or later we will be guiding on the upper Lake. When that happens are reports can be more specific. We believe it has to be good, just have to find the right pattern.

Here is my report fishing from July 11-18.

On Monday, July 11 I had a group out from Presho, SD. We stayed out fishing till we caught 100 fish 1:00 p.m. Excellent day of fishing had by all.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I had a group out from Fremont and Omah, Ne. One gentleman was from Kansas City. This group fished with me off and on for the last 20years. They have a video of a paddlefish we accidently snagged in June on our facebook page. We caught between 150 and 16 fish on day one. On day 2 we had a little shorter day and caught 100 fish. Another outstanding trip!! Already rebooked 4 days for next year. Great time, will see you next June.

Thursday - Sat I had a group out from Milford, Audobon, and Harlan, IA. We caught 145 fish day one, 110 on day 2, and a short day of 100 on day 3. They took home possession of walleyes and ate fish for 2 nights. 50 White Bass and 17 smallies. Lots of good eating there. The most fish this group has ever caught on a 3 day span. (first time fishing with us)

Also Friday I took an evening group out from Dallas, SD area. 2 couples, we caught 80 fish total in less than 2.5 hours. Brought in limit of walleyes and around 20 white bass.

Sunday I had a gentleman and his son from Moberly, MO. What a fishing trip for first time fishing in South Dakota!! We had to sit patiently on Shore for a little over an hour (lightening) and still caught 80 fish. We fished until noon so they could go vacation in the Black Hills.

Monday was the start of a 3 day trip for a dad and son from Phoenix, AZ. First time also fishing in South Dakota. You cannot get it any better to make sure your kids get to see what real fishing action is. Through the 3 days we caught almost 400 fish. They took home limit of walleyes (enjoyed eating them 2 nights), 60 white bass, and a few smallies.

Pretty good week of fishing that is for sure.

Now for our boat ramp situation. On Lake Sharpe all boat ramps are open from Joe Creek to the Big Bend Dam. High water ramp at Cedar Shore, and boat ramp at Chamberlain. Water is starting to recede, so what ramps we can use and where will change quite a bit in the next 2 weeks. Make sure and stop in to get your bait to find out the most up to date fishing info and boat ramp availabilities.

The town of Chamberlain has been doing an awesome job of making sure that we have a place to launch our boats.

I hope everyone enjoys the reports. I will try and keep them up every week until October. Should have good fishing until I decide to quit (November weather permitting) with a few small bumps in the road. I will always put out the most honest report in the Midwest. I do not want customers with false expectations of numbers or size. If I catch 100 or 30 I will tell you. Not many other reports from guide services will tell you that.

We have the best guide service with the best guides in the upper midwest for walleyes and bass. We have a busy rest of the summer and fall and look forward to fishing with you. If you book a trip, do your research, ask your friends. I will guarantee someone you know has fished with one of our guides and will tell you how good it is. We have the highest amount of repeat customers of any other service. We are not trying to get to fish with us once, but with us every time you come out.

Until next time
    Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Thanks for the report Mike. With all the water running do you think the bite will last through fall? Have fun this weekend nug chuck'n.

Should stay good all fall. There will be some glitches with the water starting to drop. But should be good. We have a Reservoir that has had no pressure and lots of food for the walleyes (Sharpe). It should be awesome this fall when the water has more stability. Not much pressure on Case either, so more opportunites out there later.

Thanks not sure if I am throwing the rock this weekend in Flandreau. Quick trip. Guiding tomorrow and Sunday. Going to have some refreshments with PBA Hall of Famer Randy Pederson. Sign contract for State Mixed tourney. Maybe throw if I make it there by 8.
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com