www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: T.F.F. Update

Default T.F.F. Update

This constant heat and humidity along with lack of any steady breeze has not made for the most comfortable conditions out there, but the fish are still out there and are on a decent bite. The past few days have seen the eyes and smallies on or just off the edges of the mid lake humps and hugging the bottom. I'm finding the best results are by vertical jigging 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either a half crawler or crazy legs GULP, both have been working very well. Keeping the bait within a foot of the bottom is the key, just drop it down there and let what little breeze we have push your boat around, it has been working for me. One other thing, get out early before the sun takes affect.
    Don Pemble

Been coming up for the last 16 years. Appreciate reading your reports, Don! I love TFF and wish they would move it a little closer to SE Iowa but I don't see that happening anytime soon! Not sure if I am going to make it up this year or not. I think my wife is getting a little bored with it but once I get her there, she loves the wilderness and prestine setting as much as I do! Hard to find these days. We were up there last year when the tornado came through. That brought a tear to my eye seeing all the trees that were destroyed but I am guessing it may have created some more fish habitat! I am a smallie nut so that is what I chase when I come up. Thanks again for your reports, Don!
    KEEPFISHN4FUN