www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: muskies and lure preference

Default muskies and lure preference

These dumb fish sure are weird. Yesterday morning I raised 5 fish on Pacemakers. One slashed at the bait, then followed halfway back. 2 followed all the way and then rocketed off at boatside. I made my way around the structure and cast 2 different lures (bucktail, globe) thinking maybe if I burned the bucktail I could get a reaction strike. Nothing. Put a Pacemaker back on, here comes another wake behind it!

Very weird how they keyed in on that lure, but not the others. I was alone so I couldn't experiment with 2 presentations at the same time.

Nailed a 38" on a Pacemaker tonight, had another one wake up, and a bigger one blow up on it. Have been throwing these since the opener and haven't had any action until this week on them. Must be the warm temps.

Glad to hear you are haveing some action on Pacemakers. We have had the same thing where they get keyed in on one bait. Sometimes it's just the lure that they want and you just have to keep throwing it until you stop seeing fish on it.

Good luck, hope the topwater bite continues.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com