www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Early morning bite does it pay?

Default Early morning bite does it pay?

I know Mr Pearson would definitely say yes to this question but for the rest of us?? Has anyone but Dick done anygood early morning? Seems like most of us fish that 8 am till dark bite during the summer. For us it always seems like it doesnt kick in till late morning most of the time. We've talked to numerous cabins throughout the years that go out early and never do much. I know Dick does very well as he posts reports yearly, I just wonder what he is doing different?? What is your opinion?

Sure hasn't paid this year-except yesterday.
    All I do different is act dumber and fish harder.Sunrises are overrated.Only early birds get worms-early fishermen get run down.I'm aware of 3 in camp over 50 in the past week and the earliest was 8AM.

Thinking back (have not been there for a few years now) I have not done well when we actually got out early (typically last boat out of camp each day - around 8:00). I figured DP caught all the early risers so why bother? The other side of that is the "Party cabin" typically turned in rather late each night. But we don't typically roll in till after dark.

I can definitely remember Sully 'rolling in'.Followed in the morning,or midday,'rolling out'.However he never got on a 'roll' in terms of fish contact.

The sad thing is had I applied the advice of MR. DP I might have actually got on a fish roll. Especially after him showing me all those awesome spots. Figured I could do it better...NOT.