www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: July Meeting, Tuesday the 12th

Default July Meeting, Tuesday the 12th

Our July meeting will be this Tuesday, July 12th 6 PM at the Hollenback Marina Boat Ramp. We'll have a brief meeting on shore and then hit the water for an evening of fishing. A couple of the items we'll be talking about include volunteer needs and details for Thursday's Youth Fishing Event, supporting the DOW on the next phase of the spillway recovery, Alum Creek tactics for this time of year, etc. New members looking to spend a couple hours fishing with someone, please let me or Cliff know and we will help to find you a seat for an evening on Alum.

We have several new members that want to get out and fish with someone tomorrow evening after the meeting. If you have an open spot make sure to throw an extra life jacket in the boat and offer to take one of them out. See you at the meeting!

Cliff

From the sounds of the radio chatter, it seems like we were able to get most of the new members on fish after the meeting. I took new member Pat Frase out, great guy and will make a great addition to our club! He went 2 for 3. Here are pics of the 2 he landed tonight.

Cliff

Congrats Pat on the fish. Good job skipper.

Default Another First Muskie

Great job to Pat and Cliff!

This is a shot of Ben P. who got his first muskie last night. This fish hit and was landed before we could get a second bait out. We went 2 for 3 in a couple hours. My other guest, Melissa O., lost the next fish near the boat but made up for it landing a huskie 42" a short while later (no pic, sorry). Melissa and Ben are friends of the chapter from ODNR, and I really enjoyed having them on the boat for a great evening on Alum.

I know Elmer and Thurman both put new members on fish, including a new youth member Brian who landed his first muskie and followed it up with another. Congrats and thanks to all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0487-1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	14073  

I want to thank Cliff a lot for a terrific time out on the water Tuesday night, I was looking forward to learning a lot, any fish in the boat was an extra benefit. It was my first multi-fish day and was just a great experience all around. Thanks a lot Cliff!
    Last edited by Pat Frase; 07-17-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Nice Fish!
    Lead Follow or Get out of the Way
    The Big Hound is comin Through

http://web.mac.com/dogriver1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0271.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	14099Here's a photo Brian and his dad with Brian first of two muskies that night. Brian was a true sportsmen and did not want to lift the fish into the boat so his fish had the best chance for a successful release.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0271.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	14100Here's Brian with the first muskie of two that night. He wanted quick releases eve though they were his first fish.