www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Government

Default Government

From what I hear it sounds like part or most of your goverment up there is shut down, most concerning to me is the licensing bureau. We come up every year in September and was wondering if anyone has any info. on this? I heard it should be cleared up by August sometime but was wondering if this is not cleared up and you cannot purchase a license can you still fish off of last years? I would assume that DNR is also shut down? Any info. anyone has is appreciated. I look forward to this trip every year and would hate to miss one! I need my Walleye fix every year!

This shutdown has effected several out of state anglers. Damn politicians. I will do some checking with the DNR. I am not encouraging anyone to fish without a license, but I know what I would do if presented with the same situation. It would be an interesting court case.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Jim,

Have you heard anymore about how the DNR will handle an out of state angler who was unable to purchase a license? I have some friends coming up in a couple of weeks and they may cancel their trip. Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

C'mon guys. I know the govt shut down is over but do you really think an officer would give you a citation for not having a fishing license when the government cannot issue one? A jury would laugh the DA out of the courtroom. I know this is a fishing forum, but sometimes people need to bone up. Cancell a whole trip?

Default License

The local paper in Mpls. had an article concerning this issue. The DNR chief has instructed the CO's to ticket anglers who fish without a license. He called it a blatant violation. Thankfully the issue will be over. Reminder the man was appointed by Dayton.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Thanks for the info. Murph. I heard it will be cleared up. I wasn't about to cancel my trip regardless, but some people may not have wanted to deal with it. Bone up? Really? Grow up.

I would respond but I like this board.

This will be my ninth year coming to Minnesota. I figure I have spent somewhere around 14-15K on our vacations with the cabin rentals, boat rentals, dinners out, hiring guides, fishing tackle, gas and licenses. Some of us work hard and look at our vacation in Minnesota as a high point in the year. It takes me almost 14 hours of straight driving to get to Walker. When I read that "Blatant violation" it made me think, if I were to be ticketed this year, I wouldn't hesitate going to Wisconsin or even Canada next year. I understand that fishing without a license is illegal, but when the state does not give you an option, I think it is wrong.