www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lure painting question

Default Lure painting question

My favorite black Suick got destroyed. I happened into a large fishing store a while back and purchased several newer model Suicks at a reduced rate. Ok..25% off. I was thrilled. Unfortunately, I did not get a plain old black one, so I'm thinking I will just take a new one and paint it all black. Easy enough.

My question: is there a certain paint I should use ? You know sometimes how acrylic or latex or whatever won't work over another paint type. Anybody have any experience in this matter and can suggest the type of paint I should use ? Not going for fancy, just plain old all black.

Thanks.

Repainted several. The cheap Wal Mart gloss black works . Suggest not trying the clear topcoat spray. It clouds easily .

wonder if rustoleum might work as a secret weapon because of the fishoil base it uses. Not the most durable paint but might taste good to the fish.

Most out of the can paints will work. Make sure to scuff up the lure before painting it so it holds better. Take a heavy grit sand paper and rub it down and then take a cloth and wipe the dust off before painting. You should be fine.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com