www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2011 Youth Event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here are some pictures from last year's youth event. This is always a fun time for our Club and all the kids.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rob showing off his dance moves.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	13964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jumper.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	13965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	got this one.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	13966  

The estimated "kid" count from Columbus Parks and Rec is 100+, so we will need as much help as possible to make this a great night for the program. Don't forget your pliers and a hand towel. Grabbing a dozen night crawlers is also a good idea, because we all know there's a little friendly competition to see who's kids get the most catfish!

If you've never helped at this event, I highly encourage it. You will go home feeling good about the time spent.

Default Awesome Night!

Best count we could come up with was about 88 youth taking part in the event. The cooler temps and breeze was appreciated by all, and the catfish cooperated like never before. Tommy did a great job as the grill master and got everyone fed. At one point, we walked around the pond to make sure that every kid landed a cat, and we only found two who had not gotten it done. That problem was fixed about ten minutes later. We'll get some pics up soon. Thanks to everyone who came out to help. A few of us went out afterwards for a cold beverage. Before we left the bar, I got the following email from one of the parents that says it all:

Rob, I just wanted to say thanks to you and all the men hosting the fishing event for the kids from the Rec center. You are the greatest group of men and are so patient with helping the children. My son Griffin looks forward to this event every Summer so keep up the great work, what a fantastic role model you are for kids. Thanks again.