Got to fish out of Morson July 1-4. Beautiful weather - and great fishing. Got unpacked about 3:30 on Friday and hit the water at 4:00. We went out to the humps, reefs and sunken points west of Manitou and south of Sunset channel. We trolled spinners with crawlers and minnows and did real well - depth was 16-18'. Biggest was a 26" with a number of 14-16".

Saturday morning the wind was going pretty good, so we went north past Sunset and fished a sunken point. Caught walleyes on spinners in 12-18', and some very nice jumbo perch, til we ran out of bait and then cast crankbaits over the shallows and caught a couple of smallies, northerns and a 24" walleye. Went out for a couple of hours Saturday night and trolled crankbaits around island shorelines and points and caught a couple walleyes, a really nice northern and a few smallies. That was a lot of fun - first time I've done that in a few years.

On Sunday morning, we went out to the reefs out from Dawson channel/east of Gooseneck. Trolled spinners again in 12-20' and caught fish at every stop. Lots of eaters, along with a 22 and 24". Sunday afternoon, we ventured out muskie fishing in Burrows Bay. We threw bucktails and some jerk baits to keep things simple. My 10 yr old had a fish on for about 10 cranks - he was hooked after that. I caught a 36" northern and a couple smaller northerns. Had a nice follow - I'm guessing mid-to-high 40's. Got about an 1 and 1/2" of rain Sunday night. Lots of fun and sun - but no wind, so a boat ride felt good

Ventured west to the reefs west of Manitou and tried jigging with plastics and continued to do well. Fished a few of the bouys and tried a few new spots. Saw fish at every stop. On the way back stopped at an island west of the gap and threw some crank baits trying to catch a few smallies. Caught one smaller smallie, a northern and a Kamikazee perch. Fun weekend and looking forward to getting back up in a few weeks.

Justin, I tried a few times to stop by, but the weekend got away from mee and went too quick. I will definitely get over there and visit.