www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fairport Salmon Fishing

Default Fairport Salmon Fishing

10 releases this week, 10 fish in the boat, only skunked on Monday evening, the first trip out, and could not fish on Thurs. evening and Friday all day because of the wind. 2 Steelhead & 8 Kings biggest 18.3 lbs. I marked lots of fish and the most baitfish I've seen in years! Should be a good Salmon Derby next weekend for the Club.
    Dave Westerberg

Good to hear, Dave. Any hot colors? (or should I wait to ask after the tourney?)
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Default Hot Spoons

Chris, the hot spoons from last year are working yet, Carbon 14, Flounder Pounder, Dr. Death, glow in low light and flash in sun!
    Dave

Dave
    Sounds like good fishin! We usually dont get down to Fairport til the end of the season due to haymaking and work conflicts, but thinking of going in the morning tomorrow. How deep were the fish you were marking/catching in the mornings?
    Did you have any luck on copper/lead core? or mostly downriggers?
    Thanks in advance!
    -ac

Default info

I run spoons off downriggers all the time and once in awhile a couple of 30/30 jet divers with a small spoon 6 ft behind it. Been fishing 40 to 60 down in 100 to 120 this week. Too many bright sun days with no wind this week, but when the wind was kicking and we had clouds the fish were there.
    Best before dawn and after sundown!
    Sorry I'm late on the reply but was at Fairport all week.