www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: water problems

Default water problems

Ha everybody, I was up north a couple of weeks ago and my boat motor water pressure was running a little low. So when I got home I took it in and they said that the pump was bad and I had to replace it, $325. She said that the pump is only good for 3-4 years. my boat and motor is a "05". and I should change it every 3 yrs. I now some guys that have had no problems for 25 yrs. anybody else have this problem?? Thanks keep up the good work. Oh ya, The 4 days we were up north 2 muskies, 8 northerns, 3 largemouth bass, and 75 pan fish (blue gills, perch, rock bass). thanks Brad

I'm no expert, but I believe the water "pump" is actually the impeller in your lower unit. I have mine changed every couple of years when I have the shop do the "annual" spring tune up... I know some guys who do it every year themselves, it's supposed to be pretty easy if you're mechanically inclined and I believe the parts only run about $75 or so.

Thanks Jeremy, I've had my boat for a few yrs never new I had to change it every few yrs. Thanks for the info. Thanks Brad