I have been on the water the guiding and I fished a musky tournament last weekend. last weekend was the Charlie Baker Musky Tournament on the Moens Chain. It is a smaller tournament with 33 boats this year. There were 22 fish caught with the largest caught by Frank Kranz that measured 44 1/2". We managed to boat 3 fish the 1st day a 34 1/4", 35", and 36" fish. We lead after day 1 but 2 doubles were on our heels. On day 2 we lost a 34-35" in the first 20 minutes. We heard through the grape vines that one team tripled to move us down to 2nd place. With 50 minutes left in the event I hooked a fish and we were able to net a 38"er to seal 1st place. it was a very well run tournament and if you are looking to have a good time and a chance to win some cash think about this tournament next year.

Musky action has been good. The fish are moving on just about everything right now. Good topwater and bucktail action. I had a client get his first legal Tuesday for his 18th b-day. Congrats Steven. I will post the pic on the recent catches page. We found fish in the weeds, rocks and over cribs last weekend. In many lakes the weed growth is not where it should be so don't get stuck in a rut!!

Walleye action has been slow. Most lakes are into or just finishing up a good mayfly hatch. we were able to boat some eyes in the evening on crawlers in new weed growth. the fish seem to be scattered so you need to keep moving until you contact a school.

Smallmouth have also been a bit slow. the best action has been on the rocks with small cranks. Rapala x-raps have been doing very good for me. Some topwater action but it is not where it should be.

Good Fishing,