Steve Blakstad is a regular guest of ours who comes here from St. Paul, MN. Steve has been here for opening week in May each of the last six years. This year he brought his Wife Jodi with him opening week. The couple liked it so well, they returned to see what a late June trip would bring.

Just hours after arriving last Saturday, Steve landed a 25 inch Walleye that was quickly photographed and released. Steve was landing many Walleyes. When I asked Jodi how things were going for her, she said "I'm a pretty good netter."

Two days later it was Jodi's turn. They called us on their cell phone and asked if I could meet them at the docks to measure, photograph and release Jodi's big Walleye. I was more than happy to do so. Jodi's strong 26 5/8 inch Walleye is now 4th place in this year's Top Ten Walleye Contest here at Oak Haven. I carefully measured the fish and took several pictures. The powerful fish was released alive so one day someone can land a 30 incher. You can see Jodi with her big Walleye in our Photo Gallery.

Jodi caught this Walleye on a day when the couple purchased just Crappie Minnows. But as they walked out of our Bait Shack, I pulled some week old Leeches from the bottom of the fridge and said "here...take these." Later Jodi confirmed that her 26 5/8" Walleye was landed on "Mike's free leeches."

Jodi remains in first place in our Bluegill/Sunfish contest with the 10 1/4 incher that she landed back in May.