The weeds are definitely coming along Murph.
I shared this story with Murph and he thought it would be nice if i passed it along to you . Saturday i spent the somewhat post frontal morning beating the weeds to a froth with nothing to show for my efforts.I tried a shallow line and a 9-11 mid depth line without even a sniff.Noon came around and i decided to go in for lunch and come up with a game plan to attack it once again as an early afternoon major was about to happen in a few hours. I asked my youngest daughter Karly (6)if she wanted to join me and she yelled out a resounding "I want to hold a big musky dad!" With that kind of enthusiasm on tap I was hoping...(praying) something would happen so we walked down to the boat and headed out . Since success in the shallows was dismal at best (for me at least)i decided to try a deep line on a tip from a buddy that the only fish he was seeing on another lake were showing up this way.I figured it was the only thing i hadnt tryed so i started hucking away keeping the boat in 14-16ft tossing in.
Not ten casts went by when the rod doubled up and the fish immediately surfaced headshaking. It was very evident it was a long fish and as My daughter saw the fish come up she started yelling hysterically "its huge dad! dont lose it!" As if there wasnt already enough angst and pressure involved , that comment ...made failure not an option but we know how these battles can go ... I yelled at Karly to try to drag the big Frabill closer to the bow and she did just that.To my best recollection There was a pretty stiff WNW wind that day and every time i would get the fish close the boat would blow away from her and she would run. After four short runs i got smart enough to try to net her on the other side and she dropped in. Quick pic and back in she went for someone else to enjoy.It was high fives with my daughter and a very cool moment I'm sure neither one of us will ever forget. A dull day turned into 52.5 inches of muskie in the net....right on the major. If you arent using the moon and Solunar tables to your advantage you are simply missing opportunities at fish. Turns out that was one of only two fish i saw all weekend. But what a weekend it was!

Dan
Want to make some memories?Take a kid fishing!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52.5.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	13978