www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: May Fly(June Fly, Fish Fly) Hatch update

Default May Fly(June Fly, Fish Fly) Hatch update

Need help on the latest of the Mayfly hatch. If I remember the first hatch are the smaller flies and probably already have cycled. Any one know if the larger sized second round flies have come? Thanks in advance.

brevikfisher:

Not much help for this year, but they were coming off last year during our trip the 19 of June through the 23rd... Most people have been saying we are two weeks behind, maybe more... Hope that helps a little...

Mark

The smaller Fish flies as some call them hatched a couple of weeks ago. I have not seen the larger Mayflies on shore yet, however there are casings floating on the water surface so some have hatched. I assume the rest will hatch soon.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Just arrived to Leech on the East side. Looks like the bigger flies are beginning to hatch.
    I have heard that the Walleye eat the flies in the water as they rise to the surface. True or not?

FYI-The larger sized fly is now beginning to hatch. Way ahead this year. Last year it didn't start until June 29.(see previous posts from last year)