Hi folks.
Well we’re getting along now in the fishing season. Weed growth is pretty good on most lakes which opens up a lot of water to area anglers. The down side is we are finding ourselves at the beginning of the mayfly hatch. On many area waters this has either happened or is happening right at this point in time. This is going to make fishing VERY tough on anglers for the next week or so, but don’t lose hope. You just need to become more patient than normal. If you’re looking for walleyes, start taking some crawlers along as these will become more effective every day. For the most part, it’s still a minnow bite right now. For guys that like to throw flies at panfish and other species, it’s a pretty good time for that. Lots of surface activity taking place out there with all the bugs around.

The big plus in the upcoming week should be on musky action. Muskies are getting more aggressive all the time and with the warm weather predicted for the next several days, we should probably see them go back to topwater activity. Up to now it’s been pretty much all bucktails and these still remain my number 1 choice. My trustee Suicks are now beginning to come into play. When chasing muskies I’ve been finding fish anywhere there’s weed or timber. They’re hanging around the same places I’ve been finding walleye, northern and panfish. If you’re on a lake with some deeper weed growth, the deep weed edges have been really good. Some good lakes to look at would be Big Arbor Vitae, High Lake, Clear Lake, the Turtle Chain in Winchester.

Good luck fishing.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye 1.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	13816Click image for larger version. 

Name:	musky.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	13817