www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Need suggestions for bucktail rod/reel combo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To keep costs down you might look at the various musky/fishing boards to find used equipment. What most people call "used" has been pretty much "new" to me. The people selling the stuff will tell you if it'll work for what you want. You might be able to get two used setups for the price of one new.

I have one rig for D10's/Pounders and another for smaller bucktails and other lures.

Yes, I agree, all my reels and with the exception of 1 old pre china diamondback rod, I bought all used...

I was not aware of Hulbert's rods. They sound very versatile and high quality especially for the price. It seems most people think the Calcutta TE is worth it, especially in the long run. I have never had one but had an old Shimano Catala (discontinued) that I liked. Since I just started getting back to musky fishing in the last 2 years, I started with a lower priced Abu Garcia 5600 C4 and I like it fine. That will become my topwater reel for this trip and I am looking for the upgrade for bucktails. Any other preferences? I am always interested in hearing and learning. Thanks much Brad, Esox and Ifishskis!