www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June 21st and 22nd report

Default June 21st and 22nd report

It's been extremely tough lately with this massive pressure system that just wont go away. We fished eight hours straight on the 22nd without any action at all. On the 23rd we had one follow from a low forty inch fish in the morning and then nothing the rest of the day. Right before we quit there was a patch of blue sky that came in and the fish got active. We lost an upper forty inch fish in the figure eight. Actually we didn't lose him in the figure eight but that's where he hit and then he went crazy and flew out of the water along with the bucktail. At the next spot we had another try to hit in the figure eight and never hooked up. had I not had dinner plans with family I would have stayed out longer but I don't think it would have mattered as the thick clouds came right back not long after our little patch of sun came out.

More crappy weather today. Hopefully the fish are getting used to it. Pretty sad to have long underwear on in late June.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Pretty sad to have long underwear on in late June. That was kindof funny reading that.

That is just because you do not have any extra insulation on you. For some of us this weather is comfortable minus all the rain.

Default what are you fussing about?

It's the north, you still have your two weeks of summer coming up.

Well, most years anyways.

It's a typical fall day here in the Rice Lake area. 53 degrees, some wind and a hint of rain in the air. WAIT....it's June 23rd!!! LOL!!

twells, I think you are right. I need to figure out a better diet. The Deerfoot burgers and Treeland nachos just aren't enough.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

When I talked to you on water I got hailed on a short time later but stuck it out until the next monsoon. Fishing was tough in this system not seeing much; reminded me of the late 70's. Managed to get one small one after the 43 but seeing fish was tough; saw about a 48 south at W.C. by the out post. It was also cold out there for an old guy. I am glad to see the movement is improving of course since I left. Saw About a 47 on the hot spot plus numerous other fish before big front; hope you can get them. What is going on with lack of milfoil this year?? I like that stuff. See you next trip probably in later August for the bigger fish I hope. Good luck hope you do well!!

Great to see you also Chipvet. Hopefully we get to hang out and have a cold one at Deerfoot next time you are up. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if we land your fish.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843