www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Late report

Default Late report

Had to get my computer fixed so my report is a little late. We spent the week of the 4th with our friends at C/H and as always had a great time. The fishing was about the same as it has been the last 3 years or so. Lots of fish with little size. While I did manage to scratch a couple of walleyes in the 21 " range from the old milk run spots that have produced over the years most were in the 13" to 16" range. Not Great. Those that know me are not surprised to see me dragging a rig on the reefs or using a slip bobber and leeches. This year was no different except I did give crank baits and swim baits a try with about the same results. On Thursday the weather finally straightened out and after much discussion My wife and I headed out with our friends to Miles Bay. First time but well worth the trip. We did not set any records but we managed to catch a bunch of better fish. My buddies wife had the hot stick and caught around 25 or so walleyes to 26". We all caught fish over the slot and a bunch of keepers to fill out for the week. A trip worth taking as long as you have a GPS. Lots of water between the camp and Miles Bay. As always the week goes by way to fast and the anticipation of next year gets mixed with the memories of this trip and 19 or so past trips that continue to bring us back to the " Great North" once again. Hopefully the weather will stabilize and the fish will fall into their summer patterns and the better fish will start showing up.
    If you are new to this site believe me when I tell you that C/H is a the best resort in the area and Brian and Kathy always make you feel welcome whether it is you first time there or you have been a regular for years. You won't be disappointed.

Cross some Eyes
    Dick and Maggie

Default Better late than never!!!!

I hate it when confuzers break, just had to a new laptop a couple of months ago. Well, it sounds like it went well. No monsters but not a bucket full of perch either. My wife and I are going this year with my brother and her wife, we haven't been fishing for about 12 years so I will be the guide. I will have to look up Miles Bay. How far out is it? I do have a decent GPS so I 'm not likely to get lost, works good for comeing home in the dark. My brother wants to go to Obabacon Bay for a day trip. But as you say the milk runs still produce so there is no real need to go far. Or did you see difference, overall? I think that we will still have a good time, I'm just hoping for good weather.
    Thanks for the info.

Kym

Default Miles Bay

Kym
    I figure that it is around 30 miles from C/H to Miles Bay. I should have checked on the GPS but I was to busy following the south track on the Lakemaster chip. If a person doesn't have one they should spend the bucks because it is great. Once you get past Rabbit Pt. you are just a short ways from Obabikan. Another group that was at C/H spent some time around Rabbit Island and up into Obabikan and had a super day. Lots of real nice Eyes and Northerns. If memory serves I think they had eyes up to 28 inches. That whole area is so vast from Rabbit up through Miles that there are hundreds of spots to fish and they all hold fish. It is a real eye opener even though we covered only a very small part of Miles I can imagine how many unmarked spots the guides know about that we just motored on past.. It will be another adventure for future time.

Cross some Eyes
    Dick

Many thanks for the info, it will give us food for thought. Even though Brian says you don't have to go far. If the weather holds we will probably give it a shot. Got 20 days to suffer through.

Thanks,
    Kym