www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Update 6/21

Default Musky Update 6/21

The musky action is heating up. We just completed the Curt Ebert Memorial Musky Tournament this past weekend. About 60 anglers competed in the event with 10 fish being caught. The largest and 1st for the angler was a 49 1/4" beauty caught on a Boo Tail. 2nd place went to Mark Ebert with a 45 1/4". 3rd place was a 43 1/4". it went down from there to a pair of 39"ers and a couple 37's. Our boat managed to lose a 42-44" on the first day at the net. We boated a 34 1/4" on Sunday. All in all it is a awsome event and thanks to Lee Bastian and Scott Hansen for taking it over and continuing the Fathers Day tradition. If you are looking for a fun, inexpensive event to fish this is the one. If you want info let me know and I would be happy to pass it along to you. Most of the fish came on bucktails. I oour boat almost all the action was on Double cowgirls. I went out last night with my daughter for a couple hours and we had 2 fish up and hit on topwater ( my all time favorite way to fish them). My daughter just did not get hooks into either on of them. The water temps have dropped to mid 60's but the skis are active and on the prowl. We are not seeing alot of follows but the fish are hitting. So don't give up just because the fish are not showing themselves. be persistant and remember it only takes one cast.

Good Fishing,
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com

Scott:

Kind of bittersweet that your daughter's sports seasons are over... Glad to hear the two of you getting out as well!!!

No musky fishing for me as of yet, but I have been cranking shallow rocks and lighting up the 'eyes!!! Two Thursdays ago after the cold front ended up by myself as my partner said I wouldn't get anything after that cold front came through. Well after chasing some smallies til the magic hour I set up on a nice rock point pounded 6 on the first pass, 6 on the second pass and 3 on the last pass. I may have stayed later but left my headlamp in the truck, so packed it up. Fish up to 21", water temps in the mid 60's*.

My bro bought a place on Shish two winters ago and I told him that I wasn't sure I could duplicate it, but I would try. Silly me lost my first fish by not retieing my back to back uniknots, and that fish just slammed my Shadrap 9 in silver with the black back and it was game over just like that. Thinking it could have been a musky, but I'll never know...

Got retied, hooked on the chart over silver SR9 and picked up a 21" fish and my partner was sitting on a windblown weededge catching them on a slip bobber pattern. I went to pick up bro and his son and we were off to the magic spot at the magic hour. First pass 9 'eyes and 5 smallies!!! Biggest fish of the season for me at 26". Managed another 6 on the second pass and then were starting to get hassled by other boats so we ducked out to check out another spot.

Just got back from FL and the chance at some tarpon, 5 fish on five fish off... Over the two days we had more early a.m. action, just couldn't get hooks into the fish. On Friday after chasing ol silver, we did some inshore stuff and hooked up with seatrout, sharks, jack crevalle, spanish mackeral. There were enough seatrout for a limit and they were very tasty on the grill!!!

Got a friend in town right now that wants in on some smallie action, so going to blindly try to put him on some fish tonight, maybe tomorrow night before having to get back into the bartending action.

Again good stuff with your daughter!!!

Mark