www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Walker Narrows Area/Grand Vu

Default Walker Narrows Area/Grand Vu

I am taking my wife and 3 kids to Leech for the first time July 15-23, and staying at the Grand Vu Resort. I hired a guide for our first day there, but was also wanting to ask for any insight others could share. My brother and I will try for walleyes, but I want to make sure my kids have a good time fishing as well...and would likely target some perch a/o crappie. I've been reading the hotspots map, and trying to research the lake. Are there any areas relatively close to the resort that would be ideal for trying to get some kids on some fish? I have a Lund with 115 Yamaha, but am trying to avoid having to take them too terribly far from the resort. (you never know when a 1st grader decides they are 'done') Thanks in advance!

Crappie in Shingobee Bay - 10 min ride. Perch around Star Point 2 min across the bay from Grand Vu. Good luck!

Default Panfish

The panfish are in the shallow weeds in Steamboat Bay and Sucker Bay. Go up near the Sucker river mouth, a lot of panfish and bass. Get some wax worms for bait, a must, all fish love them.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com