www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: State of the Musky

Default State of the Musky

Hey Herbie,

Just curious to how the recent change in weather impacted musky fishing. It figures that the week preceding the opener was fantastic weather and once saturday got here, rain and cold. Hope the opening weekend has been successful for your guests.

TJ

actually we dodged most of the weaqther patterns that hit n minn and wisc last week. had a couple days with coooler temps and some wind but overall was a good week for both wether and fishing.
    don't have alot of serious musky fishermen yet,lots of groups fishing multi species,hitting musky occasionally. there were mi believe 8 muskies boated to 54" 4 of them walleye fishing. fish seem a bit scattered yet because of developing weed growth but catching up fast now that water temps are rising with nicew weather and sun.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Herbie,

Good Morning, I'm sure your on the water slaying them right now. I have gone up to Canyon Lake since I was about 12 yrs old and going on my 20th year. We definitely know the lake well but pointers and updates from those in the area do help. I know Canyon holds big fish as we have seen some absolute Monsters and caught some. Just curious if you do go over and fish it at all and if so what you have had some success on, techniques, etc.. We will be up the last week of August/Sept and I know we will be burning bucks and big plastics..Any other ideas?

Appreciate your feedback